Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Sweet Boy, you had your first haircut this month, on the 4th. Mommy saved a lock of your hair, as I'm sure that you'll be amazed by it one day! It's so blonde and fine! You did a good job. You didn't like the feeling of having the scissors cut the hair. It gave you the heebie jeebies. :)

For Thanksgiving, we went to Ghee and Papaw's first. You played like a big boy with Samantha, who is five, and Allie, who is three. It was fun to watch you three take out all of the toys in the living room and make a mess together! You ate Gerber baby food (green beans and sweet potatoes), had a few fingers full of mashed potatoes from your tray, and had your first taste of turkey! Cousin Samantha finished eating early, and then was beside your highchair, doing her best to feed you mashed potatoes and puffs. :) She loves you.
We then went to Grandpa Marple's house and saw Grandma and Papaw Lee and Uncle Davy's family! You had fun pulling up on the coffee table and looking at black Friday advertisements, and you, Paxton, and Sammy played with iPads and iPhones.
We are so thankful for YOU this year, my Angel. I still can't believe that you're ours. You are just perfect in every way! I will, for the rest of my life, be most thankful for the way that God rescued Daddy and I when He gave us you to love. You are so very special to us!
We also told our family today that you are going to be a big brother! You will be the best brother in the world, and I hope that you and your new sibling will always love each other and be best friends! Tonight, when Samantha got home, she said that she can't believe that I am pregnant, and then she said that she needed to pray for me. She said a prayer thanking God for the baby in my tummy, and to please take care of the three babies that I am going to have. She thinks that you and the boy or girl that is coming are all in there together. :-) She's so sweet!
Did I mention you didn't get a nap today? You tuckered out drinking your milk in my arms tonight. I held you for awhile before I put you to bed. It was the perfect ending to our first Thanksgiving together. I love you!



-- Mommy