Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today is your first Father's Day! You were in the mood to be held today. Any time we tried to put you down, you started screaming. I guess you knew it was a day to be close to family!
Daddy walked you down to the nursery at church. As I picked you up, he gave you kisses and told you, "Bye," as he left to play in the band. At the end of service, I came to get you so you could hear Daddy play on Father's Day. As the band played, you watched, and we swayed back and forth to the music as I sang. When the song was over, I looked down and you were asleep! Rock and roll worship music was just the thing to put you out. :-) Now, that's Daddy's boy!
We're getting ready to go to Ghee and Papa Mike's to swim and be with your cousins to celebrate. We have to wait for you to wake up from your nap first, though. We played when we got home from church, and then you fell asleep while you were eating.
I'm going to put a picture of you asleep at church here so you can see it, and I'll also post some pictures from the awesome photo shoot we did to surprise Daddy for his special day! You did a great job posing. He loves his pictures of his handsome boy!
We love you, Calvin. Today I pray that you will always feel safe and loved by your daddy, and that you, too, will grow to be a Godly daddy one day. You come from a long line of good men!





-- Mommy