I never followed through - I suppose I just didn't get around to it at the end of the busy school year, and then it didn't make sense to continue because of my altered life's circumstances. I'm copying and pasting it here as a testimony of how God was already healing my heart, and where I was at mentally and spiritually right before our lives changed forever.
------------------------------------
I've been holding off on this for a long time. I keep saying to myself: "Self, you will start a blog when." I've realized that, "when," will always be something. I wanted a blog, like many of my friends and family, to keep friends and family up on what was going on with my kids. I will, eventually, move over into that period of my life. For now, I just want to be a voice.
I think that there are too many women who, when life doesn't go according to plan, are too embarrassed and frozen in fear to share their story. I was one of those women for almost five years, but I think that there may have been enough healing now to begin. I've always said, even in the darkest times, that I would use my struggles that began in August of 2004 to be a comfort and strength to other women who experience infertility. I hope that some of these women find this blog and know that what they are going through will not mean the end of the world, no matter how it turns out. I am still on my journey. I don't have a child yet. But I trust that everything is working out exactly as it should.
I've been holding off on this for a long time. I keep saying to myself: "Self, you will start a blog when." I've realized that, "when," will always be something. I wanted a blog, like many of my friends and family, to keep friends and family up on what was going on with my kids. I will, eventually, move over into that period of my life. For now, I just want to be a voice.
I think that there are too many women who, when life doesn't go according to plan, are too embarrassed and frozen in fear to share their story. I was one of those women for almost five years, but I think that there may have been enough healing now to begin. I've always said, even in the darkest times, that I would use my struggles that began in August of 2004 to be a comfort and strength to other women who experience infertility. I hope that some of these women find this blog and know that what they are going through will not mean the end of the world, no matter how it turns out. I am still on my journey. I don't have a child yet. But I trust that everything is working out exactly as it should.